Department of Microbiology, Subharti Medical College, is a perfect blend of academic, diagnostic and research activities. It is attached to Chhatrapati Shivaji Subharti Hospital (CSSH) which is a tertiary care hospital in Meerut, Western Uttar Pradesh.
The clinical Microbiology Lab is a ISO 15189:2012, NABL Accredited, 24x7 laboratory located in CSSH, with state-of-the-art infrastructure and automation which caters to the diagnostic services for patient care and also helps in research in the clinical medicine. The laboratory offers its diagnostic services to patients attending Out Patient Department (OPD) as well as to the Indoor Patients (IPDs).
In our programme of research, the students are continually exposed to advanced instrumentation & techniques by means of seminars, workshops, expert lectures and summer trainings in the field of molecular diagnostics.
The Lab carries out its testing activities complying with NABL standards, with continual improvement in quality.
(Faculties, Paramedical staff and supporting staff): The department is well equipped with qualified and experienced faculty members, who are expertise in teaching undergraduates and postgraduates students which makes them professionally more competent at National or International level.
The Department has committed, highly skilled non-teaching staff who works tirelessly to provide the most accurate diagnostic test results of the various patients investigations through latest technology (automation) to cater the need of users i.e. doctors and patients.
The department has an array of major laboratories which include various sections like Immunology, Serology, ICTC/HIV surveillance, Bacteriology, Anaerobic, Mycobacteriology, Mycology, Parasitology, Molecular biology and Hospital Infection Control Laboratory.
In Terms Of Equipment
Microbiology laboratory is equipped with fully automated instruments like Bact/ Alert 3D, Vitek 2 C, automated ELISA reader and washer, Immunofluorescence microscope, background and phase contrast microscope, Real time PCR, CBNAAT for rapid molecular diagnosis of various infectious diseases caused by bacteria, fungi , parasites ,viruses and detection of MDR TB cases.
For microbial surveillance in hospital and community settings, hospital infection control laboratory is very active towards surveillance, monitoring and reduction of Health care associated infections.
Achievements & Awards
- Our lab is the only Microbiology Laboratory which is ISO 15189:2012, NABL Accredited in Western Uttar Pradesh.
- 24x7 laboratory diagnostic services with monitoring of TAT and CRITICAL ALERTS
- HIV-ICTC (integrated counselling and testing center) is recognized by NACO & UPSACS catering to many districts in and around Meerut
- CBNAAT for rapid and accurate diagnosis of Pulmonary and Extrapulmonary tuberculosis and drug resistance TB (MDR-TB)
- Conducted various state and national workshops and conferences.
- Celebrated hand hygiene day, world AIDS day by organizing quiz , nukkad natak and poster competition for boosting the awareness level for public welfare.
- Research mentoring for MD/MBBS students – Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) grants
- Guiding and supporting MD and PhD dissertations in Medical Microbiology
- Conferences and CMES Mandatory oral/posters presentation by MD postgraduates in state / national
- Integrated teaching practice in MBBS curriculum